Livestock Show Rules and Information
Prior to April 1, 2017........................ $25
After April 1, 2017............................ $50
CURRENT HEALTH PAPERS REQUIRED ON ALL ANIMALS
Friday April 28, 2017
Early check in/final registration of animals: 4-8 pm
- Showmanship registration 4-6 pm
- Showmanship 6:30 pm (youngest to oldest)
Saturday April 29, 2017
- Check in ONLY 7-8:30 AM
- No registrations will be accepted on Saturday
- Show time 9:30 am
Classes will be broken down by exhibitor age. (Pee-Wee Showmanship Class included for ages 8 and under)
JACKPOT Showmanship Entry Fee: $5 (pay at check-in)
- Commercial Heifers
- Beef Breeding
All animals will show Non-Brahman influenced, then Brahman influenced in alphabetical order by breed, followed by AOB divisions. Bulls will show before heifers.
Upon completion of exhibiting animals, both Brahman influenced and Non-Brahman influenced, a Supreme Male and Supreme Female will be selected.
NOTE: Only beef breeds with 10 or more animals will have their own classes. Breeds with fewer than 10 animals will show in AOB unless breed is sponsored (bull & heifer).
- Stephanie Gravois, email@example.com or 225-921-9513
- Amelia Levin Kent, firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-319-3081
- Megan Gravois, email@example.com or 225-922-6213
- Early check in will begin Friday, April 28th between 4-8 pm
- Concession stand on grounds. Shavings available.
- Must have registration papers or pending papers from breed association. Pending papers allowed for 2016 winter calves only
- Exhibitors shall not have reached their 19th birthday by January 1 of the calendar year.
- ALL DECISIONS MADE BY JUDGE ARE FINAL.
- NO REFUND OF ENTRY FEE.
- Current Louisiana health papers required.
- Bulls will show first. Bulls must show with nose lead. (all ages)
- The show will be blow and show.
- Steers can show with hair or slick sheared.
ANIMALS ARE RELEASED IMMEDIATELY AFTER SHOWING
INTERESTED IN BEING A SPONSOR?
- Breed Sponsorship — $300 per breed
- Supreme Champion Sponsorship (2 available) — $200 each
- Showmanship Sponsorship (3 available) — $200 each
- Winter calves, calved November 1 – December 31, 2016
- Fall calves, calved September 1 – October 31, 2016
- Late summer calves, calved July 1 – August 31, 2016
- Early summer calves, calved May 1 – June 30, 2016
- Late junior calves, calved March 1 – April 30, 2016
- Early junior calves, calved January 1 – February 29, 2016
- Late senior calves, calved November 1 – December 31, 2015
- Early senior calves, calved September 1 – October 31, 2015
- Late summer yearling, calved July 1 – August 31, 2015
- Early summer yearling, calved May 1 – June 30, 2015
- Late junior yearling, calved March 1 – April 30, 2015
- Early junior yearling, calved January 1 – February 28, 2015
To insure you enjoy your time at the YF&R Livestock Show, we have included a list of hotels near the facility. To make a reservation, please contact the hotel of your choice.
Best Western of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center 12.6 miles from Livestock Show
2720 N. MacArthur Drive Alexandria, LA 71303
Phone: (318) 445-5530 Check In: 2PM Check Out: 12PM